- Published on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 10:38
- Last Updated on 05 May 2014
- Modcon was established in 1955 by Maurice Stiller and located in Kew JHB and started with the manufacturing of terrazzo and concrete products for the building industry.
- In 1970 after spending four years in Europe and Scandinavia in various precast concrete yards and sites his son Alan returned to South-Africa and joined the business. Alan slowly started changing the face of the business concentrating on building finishes but still retaining the main theme of business.
- In 1989 Moses Venceslau joined Modcon after spending many years with Stancon Precast and brought with him a wealth of new ideas. He rapidly worked his way up till today he is in equal partnership with Alan. Modcon today has the experience of old and the ideas of new which is of great benefit to anybody needing specialized assistance in the building industry relevant to precast and lightweight finishes.
- All architectural and standard moldings are made in house under supervision of both management and master tradesman Modcon has kept abreast of new developments in the precast industry and has a specialized division handling lightweight concretes called M.L.C. This product is both suitable for internal and external use.
- Projects successfully undertaken in both concrete and M.L.C include, Monte, Caesers, Emnotweni Nelspruit, Gold Reef, Welkom and Bethlehem casinos, Standard Bank, Old Mutual, Investec and many small to extremely large shopping centers around the whole of South-Africa and South West. To view some of these projects and see our product range please go to www.modconprecast.co.za. Any individually specialized designs can also be accommodated.